NAG Collection Development Seminar 2018
Wednesday 23rd May 2018
Call for papers
Submissions for papers are welcome for next year’s 8th Collection Development Seminar for Academic Libraries.
The theme for Seminar 2018 is ‘Valuing our collections’.
Academic librarians spend a considerable amount of time and money in investing and acquiring resources for teaching and research but how much do we really value our Library collections? Are we purchasing the resources that students really need? Do you know what the strengths of your Library collection are? Are we giving the best value for students and the university?
The changing landscape of the librarian’s role in acquisitions and subject librarianship has impacted on the way academic libraries purchase Library materials for both print and e. We are looking for speakers to share their knowledge and expertise in:
- creating and maintaining collection development and collection management policies
- managing the ever-increasing acquisitions of gifts and donations
- acquisitions decision-making without the ‘traditional’ subject knowledge
- innovative ways of applying book order ratios
- identifying the gaps and strengths in your print and/or e collections
- maintaining a healthy and up to date library collection for students
- using collection management tools e.g. CCM, GreenGlass
- creating partnerships with other academic libraries to share print monographs
- balancing a print collection with e-resources
- engaging taught and/or research students in using library collections
- Call for papers closes: Sunday 11th February 2018
- Notification of acceptance: by Friday 23rd February 2018
We require a 300-500 word abstract, which should be submitted to National Acquisitions Group on firstname.lastname@example.org Papers are usually 30 minutes long to include questions but please get in touch to discuss if you have an idea which requires a longer slot or interactive elements.
Speakers are entitled to a full seminar place plus travel expenses.
Options for sponsorship will be available soon.