Bar Convent, York, November 17th 2010
CILIP, London, December 15th 2010
These events have now taken place
A strand of the BIC E4 Libraries partnership between BIC, MLA, CILIP, NAG, Library suppliers and library management suppliers has been to produce the E4 Library category headings based on the BIC codes. These are designed to streamline workflows and realise the potential for efficiency gains in the library supply chain.
A number of library authorities have already adopted or are working towards adoption of the scheme but many still operate local or regional schemes. In recognition of the huge benefits of a standardised scheme NAG and BIC are staging these seminars to raise awareness and promote such a scheme.
These seminars will provide:
- an ideal opportunity to find out why it is important that libraries should be supporting the national standard
- the benefits of moving to E4Libraries categorisation
- the practicalities of the changes required from a local to national scheme.
You will have:
- a unique opportunity to hear from those involved in designing the scheme, data suppliers, library management system suppliers, library suppliers and a practising library authority.
- plenty of opportunity for discussion and networking
- working lunch included.
Speakers include: Maggie Sumner; Simon Edwards (York) and Peter Kilborn (London,) Sarah Armitage (York) and Paul Dibble (London,) Ian Manson (York) and TBC (London,) Adrian Warner (York) and Peters representative (London,) Jennifer Cox (London and York)
Times: 9.30am – 2.30pm
Costs: only £25 per person